Take a break from your daily routine and take advantage of all the fun activities available across Orange County. Here are just a few upcoming events, ranging from surf festivals to the famous OC fair. Gather your family and go enjoy the beautiful Southern California summer weather.
- Science Saturdays. Every Saturday morning at 12 noon. ExplorOcean, 600 E. Bay Avenue, Balboa, CA. http://explorocean.org/
Grab the kids and head out to Balboa for ExplorOcean’s Science Saturday series. You get hands-on experiences through fun and engaging activities that bring parents and kids together to solve problems, ask questions, and think like scientists. Science Saturdays are FREE and great for kids of all ages.
- Dana Point Food, Wine and Music Festival. Saturday June 21 starting at 12 noon; Sea Terrace Park, 33501 Niguel Road, Dana Point.
Buy a drink pass for beer and wine samples, and enjoy tastings from a wide variety of local participating restaurants, including Savannah Steak and Chop House, Inka Mama’s, Bistro K, Good Choice Sushi and others. The festival will also feature continuous live local music and celebrity chef demonstrations.
- Lido Village Artisan Market. Every Sunday starting at 9 am at the Lido Marina Village, 3400 Via Oporto, Newport Beach.
Browse the local collections of artists, jewelry designers, potters, and vintage treasures. While there, enjoy next door’s Newport Beach Farmers’ Market. New vendors participate each week so you never know what gift item or personal treasure you’ll find.
- Doheny Surf Festival. June 28 and 29 starting at 9 am. Doheny State Beach, 25300 Dana Point Harbor Drive, Dana Point. www.DohenySurfFest.com
Head out to the beach to enjoy live music, surfing legends, art walk, food trucks, Woody Car show, beer garden and much more. The Doheny Surf Festival offers fun for all ages; it includes a kid’s play area with crafts and story time. Best of all, it’s FREE! New this year is a collection of vintage and collectible surfboards.
- Orange County Fair. Runs from July 11 to August 10. OC Fair & Event Center, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa. www.ocfair.com/2014/index.asp
A long OC tradition, the OC Fair offers new events each day. There’s a carnival with lots of thrilling rides, live concerts at the Pacific Amphitheatre, Senior’s and Kid’s Days, Gourmet Food Trucks, demolition derby, canine agility demos, BMX, bull riding, and so much more.
We‘re lucky to live in SoCal, so enjoy all that the area offers. And when you need help buying or selling a home, we’re here to help.