Renting out your home can be a great way to make some extra income. Make sure to keep 5 simple tips in mind to prepare your home for rental.
- Inspect your home. Thoroughly inspect your home for any major repairs or problem areas and take care of them as soon as possible.
- Think safety. People will be more likely to rent your home if they feel safe in it. Make sure all of the smoke detectors are working and that each floor has a fire extinguisher.
- Clean up. Clean your home from top to bottom, including the windows, baseboards, and blinds. A clean home makes a much better first impression than a dirty home.
- Notify your mortgage and insurance companies. Make sure to switch your homeowners insurance policy over to a landlord property policy, and that you meet all of the specific mortgage-as-landlord requirements.
- Screen potential tenants. Have any potential clients fill out an application with their name, employer, previous landlords, and references. Also make sure to check their credit reports and criminal history.
For all of your real estate needs in Irvine, California contact The Barr Team.