The California drought is one of the worst droughts in years. To help do your part in saving water, follow these simple water conservation tips.
- Shorten your shower. Taking a 5 minute shower instead of a 20 minute shower will save 12.5 gallons of water with a low-flow shower head, and 25 gallons of water with a standard shower head.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth or shaving to save about 10 gallons of water a day.
- Soak pots and pans instead of letting the water run to scrape them clean.
- Replace all the toilets in the house with new high-efficiency models to save about 38 gallons of water a day.
- Use a broom to clean driveways, patios, and sidewalks instead of a hose to save up to 18 gallons of water per minute.
- Install a water efficient clothes washer to save up to 16 gallons of water per load, and most cities offer rebates for installing more water efficient models.
For more information on how to do your part to save water in your Irvine, California home, contact The Barr Team.