Considering A Kitchen Remodel? Here Is What You Need To Know.
The kitchen is often the centerpiece of the home. Family recipes and fond memories are forged in kitchens, but an outdated one can spoil the fun. If you are thinking of doing some work on this important part of your home, there are a few upgrades you should consider making:
- Countertops: Outdated or dingy countertops can take all of the joy out of cooking. It is worth the expense to upgrade the surfaces in your kitchen, adding monetary value and general appeal.
- Cabinets: Updating your cabinetry does not have to be a huge part of your remodel budget. Think about resurfacing your cabinets rather than tearing them out to give them a fresh, new look.
- Appliances: Although updating your appliances is an investment, it is one that will definitely pay off. Not only will old appliances defeat the point of a remodel by instantly dating your kitchen, but new ones will be more durable, help you save on utilities, and up your home’s resale value.
All that being said, a kitchen remodel can add up. The average kitchen remodel costs $32,124. Here are a few ways to cut costs and hassle from your remodeling experience:
- Deal with any electrical alterations while the room is being remodeled. You will likely already have to redo your walls and floors, so there is no better time to get your electrician in. Also, ask if you need to upgrade your electrical board if you are adding new, bigger appliances.
- Keep the plumbing where it is. Moving plumbing around will be a significant added expense, plus the additional hassle of tearing up more of the kitchen.
- Choose durable flooring. The kitchen is a social gathering place, but it is also a workstation. There will be grime and grease and expensive flooring will need continuous maintenance. Choose a sturdy floor to save you money now and trouble later.
When your remodel is finished, it will add significantly to the resale value of your home. For all your home selling and buying needs, go to The Barr Team located in Irvine. With decades of Southern California real estate experience, you can rest assured you will be in good hands. Do not hesitate to contact us today!