Making renovations to your home is a great way to add value and make your home more comfortable. When you’re looking for the right contractor, it’s important to ask the right questions. Make sure to ask these questions to ensure you hire the best contractor for the job!
- How long have you been a contractor? Knowing how long they’ve been in the business will let you know if they have a credible track record.
- Are you licensed? Check to make sure that they’re at the very least licensed and have worker’s compensation insurance. Being bonded isn’t a requirement, so many contractors aren’t.
- Is your work guaranteed in writing? Verbal guarantees are nice, but don’t actually mean anything. Make sure that you’ll be able to get a written guarantee that will show exactly what work will be done.
- Can I have some references? Getting references from past clients will allow you to get actual feedback on how the contractor works. If they’re not able to give references, they may not be the best choice.
- Who will manage the project? Make sure that you’re able to meet the project manager if the contractor will not be onsite each day.
- Who will have access to my home? If you’re not planning on staying home every day of the construction, you’ll have to give your contractor a key to your home. Make sure you know who will have access to your home while you’re gone.
When you’re looking for a new home, no matter if you’re looking for a fixer-upper or a move-in-ready home in Southern California, contact The Barr Team. We’ll work with you to find the best house that will meet all of your needs and wants.