Approximately thirty-six million Americans chose to relocate their homes between the years 2012 and 2013. Why, you may ask? Well, around 8% of these individuals stated that cheaper housing was the reason behind their move. Additionally, 5% reported they relocated to be within a closer proximity of their jobs. Here are a few interesting statistics compiled by the United States Census Bureau that may be of use to you:
- 48% moved for family or occupational reasons
- Men are more likely to relocate to be closer to their jobs than women
- People with a higher education are more likely to relocate to be closer to their jobs than people with lower education levels
- Moves within the country are attributed more to housing-related reasons
- Moves out of the country are attributed more to occupation-related reasons
If you are looking to relocate in the near future, and desire to buy a house, or sell your home, contact The Barr Team. Located in Irvine, The Barr Team employs qualified real estate agents who can assist you with all of your real estate needs!