Having an open house is one of the best ways to show your home to potential buyers. However, if it’s not done properly, it could also lead to a lack of interest in your home. Keep these simple tips in mind for a creative open house to help sell your home fast.
- Consider all the senses. Most people only think of what buyers will see when they enter a home. Consider baking some cookies to give buyers a more home-like feeling. Make sure you offer cookies if buyers can smell them so they aren’t let down. Place a few soft throw pillows or blankets on beds and couches throughout the home to allow buyer to touch.
- Throw a party. Instead of a traditional open house, consider throwing a party. Offering refreshments and h’orderves will give potential buyers a better sense of how they could entertain in the home. It will also help to attract buyers that aren’t available to see the home during the day.
- Host a workshop. Allow your agent to host a workshop in your home, especially if your home appeals to first time buyers.
- Showcase local interior designers. If your home is already vacant, work with local interior designers to stage your home. Not only will this make your home look its best, but it’ll also provide an interesting backdrop that will attack more people.
- Have an event. Find the main draw to your home and build an event around it. If your home has a large yard, consider holding a fun neighborhood event, such as a beanbag toss. Not only will this help to showcase your home, but will also help potential buyers meet the neighbors.
Contact the real estate professionals at The Barr Team for all of your home buying and selling needs throughout Southern California.